cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 printing double lines, double characters here and there

GaryH__
Apprentice

My MX922 printer continues to print double lines in the PGBK nozzle check pattern even after a manual alignment. Is there anything I can do to correct this short of a new printer?  Thanks for your help!

Gary

doublelines922.jpg

29 REPLIES 29

My mg6450 does exactly the same. I find this site difficult, is there a solution as cleaning and aligning isn't helping

Report it to Cannon as they seem to think they have solved the problem.

I found sort of a work around.  If you are sending the text from a word processor that allows you to change the color from black to another color, it prints okay. 

Alecmckee,

If cleaning the encoder does not help, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I contacted 'Canon already and they told me to reset the head. I did all that and it did not affect the way it is printing at all. Everything works except black and white text. My printer is out of warranty by a few months. Here is my service number: Service and Support Inquiry [ET-1394318769601550219]

wiltonh,

Please reply to the email that you are referring to.  One of our technical support agents will continue troubleshooting the issue for you.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

There are more threads than just this describing basically the same issue.  This work around from another user (posted over a year ago) works, which might help tech support solve the "mystery".  It's pretty obvious this is a flaw of some kind...more transparency would be appreciated.

"HERE'S A WORK-AROUND:

Check your printer's paper settings. Switch setting to Photo Paper (even if you're using plain paper) , select MATTE Photo paper, save the settings. Now try printing again. In my case, my blurry print became razor-sharp with this setting on my Canon MG7520. You're using more ink, but worth it if your printing an important document or shipping label."

Jessmw30 Thanks so much. It worked for me also.

The matte photo paper solution does work on my MG5500 - and lovely and black - but prints oh so slow.  Great for photos obviously, but way too slow for multiple page text documents.

srstark
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem with my PIXMA mx922. My test sheet looks exactly like Gary H post from 2017.

I've aligned heads, cleaned the heads, cleaned the encoder strip,(although it looked clean before i started).

The idea of setting to matte photo paper really didn't help it either.

Does Canon have a solution yet?

s

Hi srstark,

Because the issue persists, it is recommended that you contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Announcements