cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 printer stopped printing color

aravind_eee203
Contributor

Hi,

My 2 year old MX922 printer stopped printing in color. I just replaced the cartridges, still its not working. Black and white prints are working perfect, issue is with the color print only. If i give any color prints its ignoring all the colors and printing the grey areas in light black. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi aravind_eee203,

Please try performing a few deep cleanings:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK

3.  Uelect Maintenance then press OK

4.  Select Deep cleaning and press OK

5.  Select Yes and press OK

After performing a few deep cleanings, please print another nozzle check.  If the nozzle check does not print correctly, your PIXMA MX922 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi aravind_eee203,

Please try performing a few deep cleanings:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK

3.  Uelect Maintenance then press OK

4.  Select Deep cleaning and press OK

5.  Select Yes and press OK

After performing a few deep cleanings, please print another nozzle check.  If the nozzle check does not print correctly, your PIXMA MX922 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Deep cleaning has resolved the issue. Thanks!

I have exactly the same problem, and i followed the instructions provided in your solution by doing a deep cleaning, but that didn't help. I tried resetting all my printer settings, and i tried replacing the cartridges and i tried all the possible maintenance options  and nothing worked, and the printer only prints in black and white no matter what option i chose, and it skips all the words that are colored in a word document. 

Please advise

Hi,

If ink does not flow after the nozzle cleanings the printer would require service. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Announcements