cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 print or scan connection works but not both.

bonniegiddens
Apprentice

My printer was losing connection with my computer when I wanted to scan from the printer directly. But it isn't a network issue because my son can print to it from the other room & I could print to it. It is something specific to my printer not wanting to stay connected for both scanning & printing. Somehow (& I'm not exactly sure what thing that I did worked) when I got it to scan...I think it was something I did directly from the PC rather than the printer) I could get it to scan, but then I'd have problems with various software telling me I didn't have a printer installed. I uninstalled everything & reinstalled everything. Printer was working, but now same problem with scanning. When I try to scan directly from the printer & click on "Save/Forward" the only option is a local USB. It does not see my computer as an option.  I'm fairly confident this is due to someone's software update as nothing else major has changed. I'm not finding anything on any of these boards that exactly matches my situation. Please troubleshoot your programming code & run an update that fixes this! 

Desktop machine, Windows 10, Office 365 Windows, Excel, Adobe PDF printing was first problem. Canon MX922.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

sherrykay
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem and set up of equipment...did you get this resolved?   I am going in circles and loosing my mind over this....

Hi sherrykay,

Let's test the hardware by initiating a scan from the computer rather than the printer.

1. Press the Windows Search button in the lower left of your screen.

2. Type "IJ Scan Utility" in the search box.

3. Open IJ Scan Utility.

4. Place your original.

5. Press the "ScanGear" button.

6. Press "Preview."

7. If you are happy with the image, press "Scan" to complete the operation.

Are you able to acquire an image?

I look forward to your reply.

I have not solved the problem. SherryKay, what you suggest below works, but is not the entire issue. I would like for my scanner/printer to stay connected to my desktop computer or network 100% of the time without me needing to open canon software on my computer to tell it to go find the printer/scanner again. Sometimes when I attempt to scan a document directly from the printer it will have lost the connection to my computer. At those times, I have to open the IJ NETWORK Scanner Selector EX software & click on the button that says "Scan from Operation Panel Settings" OK.

Then go back to the printer, select Scan, Save/Forward, PC and at that point, if everything worked correctly, my desktop PC is listed as one of the devices & I am able to select it & proceed with scanning to that device.

When I purchased my last new computer I didn't install all the Canon software because all the drivers are now within Windows 10. I thought my scanner worked correctly at the beginning, but then I had to install the OLD canon software to keep it connected to the network. Between MS & Canon, someone needs to keep the software coordinated so it doesn't lose this connection when Windows or Canon runs an update. That's the only thing I can think of that is wrong since it happens sporadically and no one has been able to address the issue. Thank you!

thank you Bonnie.

Just realized I meant to reply to "Bill S Product Expert" when I said that the troubleshooting steps do work, but that they are not the issue.

Announcements