01-23-2016 02:09 PM
I know this has been posted before but I still haven't gotten the help I need, the "Email Support" isn't working and it is a weekend so noone is available to answer my call.
When I originally set up my printer I set it up for LAN but then the internet was unreliable so I so I started using the USB. When I did this the scanner stopped working. I uninstalled the software from my computer and reinstalled indicating that I would be using the USB and to my dismay it still says "Set the PC to start scanning!" when I try to scan.
I also used the forum to follow the instructions to Uninstall the DELDRV and CNMNPU and restarted the computer...but still the same message. I also used the forum to go the the "Save/Forward" button on the printer and selected the USB for my computer and the message "Set the PC to start scanning!" went away but now it just says "Processing....Please wait momentarilly" for about a minute then does nothing.
I have a HP laptop that runs Windows 7. How do I get my scanner to start working via the USB cord? Thank you.
01-25-2016 08:40 PM
We can reset the LAN settings of the printer back to default settings, then reinstall the drivers to see if this will resolve the issue. To reset the printer LAN settings, please follow these steps:
1. Press the MENU button.
2. Use the arrow keys to select SETUP, then press the OK button.
3. Use the arrow keys to select the DEVICE SETTINGS option, then press the OK button.
4. Use the arrow keys to select the RESET setting, then press the OK button.
5. Use the arrow keys to select the LAN SETTINGS option, then press the OK button. At the prompt that appears, select YES, then press the OK button.
Once the reset has been done, please uninstall the drivers on your computer using the DELDRV instructions as before, then please click here to go to the Drivers and Downloads page for the PIXMA MX922 on the Canon USA website. Once on the page, please do the following:
1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.
2. Next, below the red box labeled "RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS", locate the MP DRIVERS file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a dark gray DOWNLOAD button will appear; below that, a checkbox will be shown asking you to agree to the terms of the disclaimer to continue with the download. Please click in that checkbox to agree to the terms. When you do, the dark gray DOWNLOAD button will turn red. Please click on the now red DOWNLOAD button; the file will start downloading. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.
Once you have downloaded the file, please double-click on it and follow the prompts to reinstall the printer on your computer. Once the printer is reinstalled successfully, please attempt to scan again.
Should you need further assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help. There is no charge for this call.