cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 not responding

aeichen
Apprentice

We are having increasing problems with our MX922 not responding to print requests lately. All settings are verified as far as network connection (we can see it on our modem as a device that is hooked up) everything looks fine for the LAN connection on the printer itself. I have restarted my computer, we have turned the printer on and off..... nothing. Worked fine the other night when my kiddo wanted to print pictures, won't work when I'm trying to get my job done (of course!)

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi aeichen,

I would recommend trying to see if you can access the remote user interface for you MX922 from your computer. This can help narrow down if there is a communication issue from the computer to the printer.

First you will want to print the network settings directly from the printer. Please click HERE for the steps. Once that is done, please open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page.

Are you able to see the printer's remote interface?

We look forward to your reply.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team can help by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday to Friday from 8AM to 8PM ET.

I did end up calling Canon support yesterday morning, after running into the same issue. We had already checked the network settings numerous times on our own, however, we did end up checking them again while on the phone with the technician, and while the printer does show as being connected to the network, the response time was very slow. The technician suggested checking settings on our router; what we ultimately ended up doing was plugging the printer into a physical network port (not ideal, as we don't have wall jacks in every room) and so far, it seems to be working. We will have to give it a few days of random print jobs to see if the connection sticks by having it plugged in.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements