cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 not recognizing which tray to use

jimaica
Apprentice

When printing via cable computer to printer 4x6 everything says upper cassette good to go, but when I go to print it prints 8 1/2x11 lower cassette.  Any thoughts on a solution? Wireless is a problem too, but one thing , at a time. Everything fine a week ago. We did have a power outage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers to see if this will help.  Please perform the following:

1.  Right-click the Windows "Start" button which is usually on the lower left corner of your computer.  Then choose "Run".
2.  In the Run window, type "control panel" without the quotes, then click OK.
3.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
4.  Uninstall the MX920 MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool if either of these are listed.  If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
5.  Go back to the Control Panel.
6.  Open Devices and Printers.
7.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

Once this has been done, visit THIS LINK to download and install the "MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".  Then try printing again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jimaica,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

What application on your computer are you attempting to print from?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 10

Going from Photoshop CS6

The odd thing is when I hook up cable computer to printer the tray is recognized (upper tray).  When I go wireless, everything says upper tray for a 4x6 but it prints the 4x6 on a 8 1/2 x11 piece of paper. I also get a message saying to click here and they will run a diagnosis.  So I am thinking there is something with the wireless issue. Works cable, no work wireless.

I have also put in (on the printer) the password to the router name I use. I am not sure if that is the problem. WPA2. I had a power outage last week and used my CD thinking it might help to get me up and going again.

Hello.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers to see if this will help.  Please perform the following:

1.  Right-click the Windows "Start" button which is usually on the lower left corner of your computer.  Then choose "Run".
2.  In the Run window, type "control panel" without the quotes, then click OK.
3.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
4.  Uninstall the MX920 MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool if either of these are listed.  If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
5.  Go back to the Control Panel.
6.  Open Devices and Printers.
7.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

Once this has been done, visit THIS LINK to download and install the "MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".  Then try printing again.

Thank you Michael.  Just printed a 4x6 wirelessly with no problem. Good Job helping me out! Your last instruction was perfect and clear. I have some suggestions that I would like to pass on to Canon for future consideration.  Who would I send them to?

Announcements