cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 no prompts for print head alignment (manual or auto) -- driver problem?

christineaz
Apprentice

Got the double printing / shadows problem and cleaned the encoder and tried the print head alignment countless times.

The very first time I tried the alignment I was asked to pick the best one and it never happeneded again.  I didn't pick anything because I had no idea what to do.

I've done at least 20 alignemtns, auto and manual, and watched some youtube videos, but I get NO prompts to scan something or pick the best print.

I go around in endless cycles, did it print right? NO  Print another alignment sheet ... endless circle.

I downloaded the latest driver from 2013 (win7 Pro 64), I've tried to do it directly from the printer menu instead of the computer, but NOTHING works.

Appreciate any pointers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi christineaz,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi christineaz,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

I've done the Head Alignment, Auto and Manual, so many times.  I've done the Regular and Deep Cleaning, and WASTED so much ink on my Pixma MX 922. My printer that I loved (up to this point) is printing characters that look like "double-strike," as if with a shadow.  I hope someone can help, because the documents that I print are NOT presentable!

Announcements