cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 in scanner mode, makes two copies of every doc automatically.

ElBuscador
Apprentice

Hello,  Any ideas anyone?

...So I have to delete one copy (scan) for every document I scan and it gets a little tiresome quickly.

I should say I find the settings in general VERY difficult to understand for the MX922, and although I have reviewed them several times, I can not see anything that could trigger the two copies, (or 3 or 4 copies). I have not seen anything that controls the number of copies for a scan.

TIA

EB.

My system: Windows 8.1

I use it wirelessly via a router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, thank you for the answer. My only complaint is that I asked this question a long while ago. At least six months!

But thanks anyway

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

timoneal
Apprentice

Same probem but with windows 7, anyone have a solution?

Hi timoneal,

Is your PIXMA MX922 making 2 copies of a print from your computer or when you are copying from the PIXMA MX922?

The more details that you can provide, the faster we can assist you with resolving this issue.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactCF

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, thank you for the answer. My only complaint is that I asked this question a long while ago. At least six months!

But thanks anyway

I don't see a solution posted here.  Mine is making 2 exact copies of every pdf or photo I scan.  What is the solution?

Just had this start on mine and I fixed it.

Quick background:  My Win 10 computer stopped recognizing my Canon MG 5520 a few days ago, so I downloaded and reinstalled the software from CanonUSA site.

That's when the duplicates started.  

Check the following settings in your Canon IJ Scan Utility:

Open the application, go to "Document Scan" and scroll down to the "Application Settings" section.

Is it set to "Send to a folder", and is that folder the same darned folder you have selected just above in "Saved Settings"?

Well, these two sections are apparently executing instructions independently of each other, so it is generating a SECOND copy due to the instructions in "Application Settings".

Solution:  In "Application Settings", choose "Do not start any application."  

That worked for me.  Good Luck!

Announcements