cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 front door won't stay closed

mjshort
Contributor

The front door on my MX922 won't stay closed. I removed it to try and see what's going on. There is a small white 'lever' near the left hinge. But it seems to be loose. I don't see how it can hold the door closed. Is there some other way it's supposed to stay closed?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

Score one for the internet!  Between the picture and the description, I found this solution to an otherwise esoteric problem.  Thanks!

picture is worth 1000 words thank you got it working after a few tries

Yokokay
Apprentice

My printer just started doing this today.  It's only been used maybe half a dozen times.  Upon close inspection, I realized that the extender arm that slides out to catch printed pages wasn't going back into its storage slot when I closed the door.  As soon as I gently pushed the extedee arm back inside its slot, the door closed and stayed shut. 

a-evens
Apprentice

I am having problems with the extender not coming out when the door on my MX922 is opened This causes the print outs to fall out onto the floor. I have to use a small hook tool to reach in and pull the extender out. Is this something that is fixable or do I need to order a new door?

Hello.

If there are issues with the doors or the hardware on the unit, you will have to contact our support group for additional assistance.  Please use the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

fixitman222
Apprentice

nice job with the door foto it took a few tries but i got it to work

Announcements