cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 front door won't stay closed

mjshort
Contributor

The front door on my MX922 won't stay closed. I removed it to try and see what's going on. There is a small white 'lever' near the left hinge. But it seems to be loose. I don't see how it can hold the door closed. Is there some other way it's supposed to stay closed?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

mjshort
Contributor

Resolved it myself.  There is a spring on the inside of the front cover that helps the tray extender pop out. I had the spring in wrong and apparently that keeps the door closed.

Hello, do you remember which way you put the spring?  We had an accident with the door and I've got all the pieces back in place, but I can't figure out the spring.  Thank you!

I wish I had taken a picture of it for you.  But it took some time for me to figure out how it went back in.  I remember it was the opposite of what I thought it should be,  hence my post. I also remember it wasn't easy to get it back together with everything in place.  Sorry, not much help!

No problem, thanks anyway!

Here's a picture of the spring setup.  Let me know if you need any other info... I have a spare door that I've taken apart.IMG_20161025_162618.jpg

How did you remove the door and open it up? I am having a silimar problem with my Pixma MG5420

How do you remove the front door to fix the spring. Door won't stay shut and paper holder doesn't come out.

Hi gwaeloduser,

Based on the specfic issue described, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI                 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I think we have sorted it. My husband has had it apart and it seems to be working now. Thanks.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements