cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 doesn't print black text

jacklemieux
Apprentice

I have a MX922 Canon printer that does not print black text, however, it will print images.  I have tried a bunch of different things to fix, such as reinstalling a new driver.  The test page prints prints everything but for the PGBK grid at the top.  When I print LAN details nothing shows up at all on the page.  Any clues on how to fix?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jacklemieux,

Please make sure that the PGBK ink tank in your PIXMA MX922 contains ink.

Next, please perform a few printhead cleanings:

1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK.

3.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

4.  Select Cleaning and press OK.

5.  Press OK to select Yes.

The cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?  If black is still missing, your PIXMA MX922 would require service.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements