cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 custom scan location

ubrgeek
Apprentice

I've tried setting a custom directory for the MX922 to save scans (specifically to my Dropbox folder) but it will only save to My Documents. I've tried custom setting it for each scan type but it refuses to save anywhere else. I'm trying to set it via the quick menu thing on the desktop. Is there another way?

6 REPLIES 6

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi ubrgeek,

Quick Menu should be using My Image Garden to do the scan, so what you will want to do is open My Image Garden, then click the Preferences button.  Click the Advanced tab in Preferences and you should have a listing for the save location that will let you select the place where the file is saved.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Same here!!! I DO NOT want to use the "Image Garden"!!! I want to use the program I have ALWAYS used to scan my artwork. But, guesswhat??? . . . Canon won't let me.

rickyhpierre
Apprentice

What if you do not want to use image garden? I too would like to save to my own specified location without opening up   image garden.  I find it an annoying piece of software.  Is it to be forced on us even if we do not want it?

Kar715
Apprentice

There is a solution in case anyone gets stuck for two hours like me!

To scan to a folder, open the Canon Quick Menu (on your computer).

Open the Main menu by clicking the icon at the bottom right corner.

Second row, click Scan Settings.

I initiate my scans from the printer itself, so I clicked the middle icon in the popup window.

The settings you want to choose are:

1) Save In: (Pick the folder you want your scans to save into)

2) Open with an application: I chose Windows explorer, so my scan folder would open as I scanned.

Make sure you you change those options in the Save to PC (Photo) and Save to PC (Document) options on the left.

Hit OK and you should be good to go!

RobertWarren
Apprentice

Wow. They really didn't want to make this easy, did they?

Where in the world do they get these monkeys who design such convoluted interfaces? Clearly, it's no one who ever had to get any work done.

Canon isn't alone in awful interface design, but this is a particularly ugly example of disjointed, unintuitive design.

Does not work for me....my scanner was set to send the scanned docs to "documents", but cannon send it to the mystery directory of its choice.  I need to search for where it went.  bummer!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements