cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922: could not print using either Wifi or USB (scanning works)

lakersEternity
Apprentice

My system had been working with an existing MX922 using Wifi print/scan until couple weeks ago when I bought a new MX922. I connected the new MX922, tried to print a few pages and realized I would need to uninstall and reinstall the MP driver since I had to do this same process for other PCs in the house earlier. I opened up the print queue, cancelled the print job, uninstalled the MP driver, reinstalled the MP driver (lastest from Canon website) but now the printer does not work anymore using either Wifi or even USB cable, the scanner seems to work fine when I start a scan job from the PC.

I even tried turning off the printer, PC and the router, wait a few minutes and turned everything back on, no joy !

When I run the Canon Network Tool I get an error "There are ports that cannot be used with their current settings...", the network tool also displays

Name          Status       Model                            Port name

No Driver        Found      Canon MX920 series     CNBJNP_mac address

I have installed the driver many times before on several PCs in the house and this is the first time this has happened, there's probably something different about this particular PC but I have no idea what and the PC used to work fine with the old MX922.

The following is the log when running the driver setup program:

===========================================
Setup Results

Model :
    Canon MX920 series

Network Setup of the Printer :
    Failed
    Name :

Port Name :
    CNBJNP_00BBC1B6D610

Network Setup of the Scanner :
    Completed
    Name :
    Canon MX920 series(00.BB.C1.B6.D6.10)

Network Setup of the Fax :
    Failed
    Name :

Port Name :
    CNBJNPFAX_00BBC1B6D610

Network Type :
    Infrastructure
SSID :
    MyRouter

PLEASE HELP ! I have spent close to 8 hours troubleshooting this to no avail.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements