cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 With Error code 1405

jessadavis
Apprentice

Hi - I have a MX922 that is a couple years old. I just got the Error Code 1405 that says "The Type of Print Head is Incorrect".  I have not done anything to the printer. It started spitting out blank sheets in the middle of a print job. I have turned it off on and on and replaced one of the low print cartridges. It continues to have the same error. I have looked on other pages about how to reset the print head but I can't find instructions specific to the MX922. Several of the support pages say to raise a print head lock lever to remove the print head but I don't see any sort of lever on my version of this printer.  Any help would be greatly appreciated it. I would prefer not to have to purchase a new printer.

Thanks,

Jessica

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jessadavis,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have been wrestling with mu pixma mx 922 with the support code 1405. I was able to remove and re seat the printer head to no avail. Attemptin to reach Canon Tech Support is a joke except it's not funny. I always praised and recommended Canon support when you could actually speak with tech support...no longer. How could this be the wrong print head when it is the original? The more I type the more livid I'm becoming. 

Hi tomO,

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Hi, TomO.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems experienced in trying to contact Canon support.  Per our new policies, you will need to create or log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE to reach your personalized support options.

For the 1405 error, the printer most likely will need to be replaced.  If the printer is within one year of purchase, it will be covered by warranty; this may require you to provide a copy of the printer's proof of purchase to verify warranty status.

If the printer was purchased more than one year ago, you are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program.  The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ray2
Apprentice

Hi I'am new to this but there are youtube videos that show how to remove and replace the print head after cleaning hope this helps!   this is my first day here hope I did this right just turned 75years old maybe I'am wrong! Let me know.

[Mod Note]: Removed email address per forum guidelines

Announcements