cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Taking a Long Time Between Copies

JMB
Contributor

I'm running Windows 7 and using an MX922.  My printer seems to go into what I can only assume is a maintenance mode randomly - making a lot of noise but doing nothing.  I was attempting to copy a 4 page document which took me roughly 5 minutes.  The printer seemed to go into this "maintenance mode" after I removed the first page that was copied and put in the second page to be copied.  It did this repeatedly.  Does this happen to anyone else?  Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi JMB,

The printer goes through cleaning processes whenever you turn the printer on, whenever you perform a print job, and in the event that you leave the printer on, it uses an internal clock to determine how long the printer has gone without a cleaning. The cleaning function helps the printer to suck air bubbles or ink itself from the nozzle and thus prevents print quality degradation or nozzle clogging.

Print quality and media type settings can also determine how long it takes for an item to copy.  For faster copying, you will want to ensure that plain paper is selected as the paper type (unless using a photo or other type of paper), and that either the FAST or STANDARD print quality setting is selected.  

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It seems that if I copying pages on the platen and I don't get next copy in place and the "Copy" button pushed within 30 seconds, it is too late, the machine goes into it's minute long cleaning cycle. I don't think the heads need to be cleaned every 30 seconds! No doubt it is also wasting ink.

Is there a way to adjust the internal clock to, let's say 2 minutes or even 5 minutes?

Thank you!

Michael

Hello.

This functionality cannot be adjusted.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements