Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: MX922: Some text lines sharp, some text lines blurry

I think that it is very curious that in each country (I'm from Europe) we, the customers are being redirected to the local dealers to look into this further. There you hear that you need a new printer head, which is with all the repaircosts more expensive than the initial price of the printer!

Seems like this is the new way Canon wants to make money!

As long as this topic doesn't get too big, they will probably get away with it too!

This was the last Canon for me...Smiley Mad

Product Expert

[ Edited ]

Hello.

If this printing issue persists, please contact our support group by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

I have the same problem. I finally gave up and replaced the printer after many head cleanings and attempts to clean the encoder strip. I still have a question that I would love to have answered. If the encoder strip is the problem, why is color printing unaffected? Doesn't the encoder strip control the head position when printing in color as well as plain black text?
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the exact same problem as described in these comments. Is there any Canon factory solution ?