cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922: Some text lines sharp, some text lines blurry

AzJazz
Apprentice

Hi - I have an MX922 that mostly works, but the black text printing quality is degraded.

A nozzle check shows that all nozzles seem to be working. However, the PGBK section is blurrier in the middle of the test pattern.

Color printing looks OK, and the BK printing looks fine, too.

This may be hard to describe, but the best way I can think of is this:

When printing out the Windows Printer Test Page, approximately 2 lines of black text are sharp, followed by approximately 4 lines of "blurry" text. This pattern repeats throughout the page.

Now, by "2 or 4 lines of text", it isn't exactly 2 or 4 lines, it is probably more related to position on the page, or with respect to the print head. It is just describing how I get about 1/3 of my printing sharp, and about 2/3 is blurry.

By "blurry", it can be described like this: Instead of printing a solid black vertical line like this: | , instead I see a dimmer double line something like this: || across the page for that line of text.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Alan

11 REPLIES 11

milvet
Apprentice

I have the same issue...on the same toner cartridge. Also did factory reset and all cleaning methods

schabelf
Apprentice
I have the same problem. I finally gave up and replaced the printer after many head cleanings and attempts to clean the encoder strip. I still have a question that I would love to have answered. If the encoder strip is the problem, why is color printing unaffected? Doesn't the encoder strip control the head position when printing in color as well as plain black text?
Announcements