cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922: Some text lines sharp, some text lines blurry

AzJazz
Apprentice

Hi - I have an MX922 that mostly works, but the black text printing quality is degraded.

A nozzle check shows that all nozzles seem to be working. However, the PGBK section is blurrier in the middle of the test pattern.

Color printing looks OK, and the BK printing looks fine, too.

This may be hard to describe, but the best way I can think of is this:

When printing out the Windows Printer Test Page, approximately 2 lines of black text are sharp, followed by approximately 4 lines of "blurry" text. This pattern repeats throughout the page.

Now, by "2 or 4 lines of text", it isn't exactly 2 or 4 lines, it is probably more related to position on the page, or with respect to the print head. It is just describing how I get about 1/3 of my printing sharp, and about 2/3 is blurry.

By "blurry", it can be described like this: Instead of printing a solid black vertical line like this: | , instead I see a dimmer double line something like this: || across the page for that line of text.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Alan

11 REPLIES 11

AzJazz
Apprentice

BTW, I have tried cleaning the encoder strip, and it didn't seem to have any effect.

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

What link?

Hello Milvet!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

To reach our US-based technical support team, please click the word "Contact Us" in Michael's post or go to  http://Canon.us/ContactCF.

We hope this helps! 

Seems like this is a design problem that should be covered automatically with some sort of extended warranty.   I can't use my printer to print anything professional because of this glitch.

Hello.

If this printing issue persists, please contact our support group by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the exact same problem as described in these comments. Is there any Canon factory solution ?

richwolfe
Apprentice

Any fix?  Every fifth line  is OK but next 4 blurry/double verticle lines.

I have the exact same problem.   The black text has a double image 1/16" apart horizontally, but every 5th line or so is clear.

Did you ever get a fix?

Announcements