cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Scanner stopped working all of a sudden.

williampeck1958
Enthusiast

I have a Canon PIXMA MX-922 and the scanner stopped working (right in the middle of something important). It was working fine for like two years, now it's kaput. It prints fine on USB.

I've googled this and see lots of similar questions but nothing I've tried works. I re-installed the software from scratch, and printer again works, but not the scanner.

When I start the scan from the machine, it says "Processing, Please wait momentarily", then it just stops and stills there mocking me . . . 

When I start from the computer, it starts out well, sucking the paper into the scanner, then it fails.

scanner error 2.PNG

scanner error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi williampeck1958,

To see if the scanner can scan at all from the computer, I would like to have you try and scan from the Microsoft Paint program.  To attempt to scan from Microsoft Paint, please follow these steps:

1. Go to your START Menu, select ALL PROGRAMS, then ACCESSORIES, then MICROSOFT PAINT.

2. Once inside of Paint, in the upper left corner you will see a blue square; please click on that and select FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA. A window will appear asking you what device you want to use. Please select the PIXMA MX922, then press the OK button.

3. In the next window, you should have the option of selecting a document type; please select one, then press the SCAN button in the window.  

Were you able to scan successfully using Microsoft Paint?  Also, are you able to make a photocopy directly from the unit successfully?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

WOW!!!!  My scanner just stopped working again, but I used the fix that I sent in a while back  again, and it started working again!  I'm so glad that it's recorded here in the Canon Community pages.

I thought I had my scanner working, but it would only scan 1 page at a time after many hours of working with it.  So, I found a new way to FIX it and get it to scan multiple pages (slowly, but it gets it done).  Go to your Programs list from your computer's main menu on the left bottom of your screen.  Scroll to & click on Canon Utilities. Then Click on My Printer, and then, click on Diagnose and Repair Printer.  It works!  Thank goodness!  I was ready to throw in the hat if it didn't.

Thank you! This fixed it quickly!

nice! (The 5-year thread that keeps on ticking!) Smiley Very Happy

WhyCanonWhy
Apprentice
This printer is seriously a problem and shouldn't of made into consumers homes

Same thing happened to me. After trying everyone's suggestions and working on it myself, I fixed it. first problem I also had was that my wifi disconnected.  Once I did the Standard WiFi set up including putting in the passcode instiead of via Wifi which wasn't working, I found that I was still able to print from my computer. If you can print docs from your computer than, it's likely this one simple thing that somehow reset.  Click on your SCAN button, then look at the 2 top lines on your Canon MX922 screen.  It shows what your scan will be sent to. Then, click on the Save/Forward button on the bottom left of your Canon screen. 3 choices will appear,  Click OK on the "PC" picture. On the next screen, you'll get 2 lines again.  Select whichever one is your PC or DESKTOP.  Mine was, "my name DESKTOP-a set of number & letters".  All of a sudden the scanner began working perfectly again with the Image Garden.  

CynthiaH - thanks for posting your solution, glad you got it working.

Williampeck1958 - It's the strangest thing, but my printer began acting up after a recent Windows 10 update.  The printmode is still slow to go, but at least it works.  Scanning still works like before.  But, when it cut off the wifi that was very frustrating given that it's a wifi printer.  I did it all to get this printer back up and running and even reinstalled the disk that came with it.  So, I hope my post helps others.  They just have to look 1-step beyond directing their scanner to their PC to direct it to a location in the PC for some reason.

Announcements