cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Scanner stopped working all of a sudden.

williampeck1958
Enthusiast

I have a Canon PIXMA MX-922 and the scanner stopped working (right in the middle of something important). It was working fine for like two years, now it's kaput. It prints fine on USB.

I've googled this and see lots of similar questions but nothing I've tried works. I re-installed the software from scratch, and printer again works, but not the scanner.

When I start the scan from the machine, it says "Processing, Please wait momentarily", then it just stops and stills there mocking me . . . 

When I start from the computer, it starts out well, sucking the paper into the scanner, then it fails.

scanner error 2.PNG

scanner error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi williampeck1958,

To see if the scanner can scan at all from the computer, I would like to have you try and scan from the Microsoft Paint program.  To attempt to scan from Microsoft Paint, please follow these steps:

1. Go to your START Menu, select ALL PROGRAMS, then ACCESSORIES, then MICROSOFT PAINT.

2. Once inside of Paint, in the upper left corner you will see a blue square; please click on that and select FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA. A window will appear asking you what device you want to use. Please select the PIXMA MX922, then press the OK button.

3. In the next window, you should have the option of selecting a document type; please select one, then press the SCAN button in the window.  

Were you able to scan successfully using Microsoft Paint?  Also, are you able to make a photocopy directly from the unit successfully?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Danny

Hi, williampeck1958!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer.  Also, you mentioned that it prints properly via USB.  Is this how your printer is normally connected to your computer, or do you normally use a wireless connection?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise, SP-1.

I don't use a wireless connection (because that never worked). So it's been USB for a good long while.

As mentioned, it worked fine until last Tuesday. I scanned 3 documents fine, then on Weds its dead. I tried again today. From the printer, it sucked in the paper, then it croaked.

Ramona
Authority

Hi williampeck1958,

To see if the scanner can scan at all from the computer, I would like to have you try and scan from the Microsoft Paint program.  To attempt to scan from Microsoft Paint, please follow these steps:

1. Go to your START Menu, select ALL PROGRAMS, then ACCESSORIES, then MICROSOFT PAINT.

2. Once inside of Paint, in the upper left corner you will see a blue square; please click on that and select FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA. A window will appear asking you what device you want to use. Please select the PIXMA MX922, then press the OK button.

3. In the next window, you should have the option of selecting a document type; please select one, then press the SCAN button in the window.  

Were you able to scan successfully using Microsoft Paint?  Also, are you able to make a photocopy directly from the unit successfully?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Never heard of this, but interesting. I will try this tonight.

very interesting . . . it worked from paint, but only if the paper was on the glass. Then I saved it as .png. Now it's working by scanning to .pdf from the printer. Hmmm . . . I would never have guessed this. Good, but why ?

I had the same "Processing, Please wait momentarily" error on my MX870 printer (on a system running Windows 10), and resetting/unplugging did nothing to fix it.  However, Ramona's suggestion of scanning from Paint not only worked, but somehow "cured" the underlying problem.  After being able to scan from Paint, I was able to scan normally, from both the ADF and the platen.  I have no idea why this worked, but I'm glad that it did.

Thanks for the help.

DJ

glad you got it working! This thread has legs !

I too have a Canon MX922 and am running windows 10   It no longer recognizes my scanner although the printer works fine.  I tried many of the suggestions, includeing the one to go to Microsoft Paint but when I got to the steop "selct from a scanner or camera" it was not highlighted and i could not click on it.  I have always used the Windows Fax and Scan to scan my photos and documents but can no longer do so.  Please help.

Hi Susan3!  Don't give up on the scanner.  I had that problem for a short while. See my posts on the first page.  That is how I solved my problem.  It didn't work for me to use the Paint suggestion either.  Good luck!

Announcements