cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Scanner not working

BKMuncy
Apprentice

I am using a PC with Windows 10 and I am gettign the following error message when trying to scan. The scanner is connected both via WiFi and USB cable. I have tried only using one of each but get the same message each time. None of the below conditions are true. I have tried installing the latested version of the driver avalaible from the cannot website, and that did not correct the problem. any help would be great. 

"Cannont Communicate with the scanner for these reasons:

-Scanner is turned off.

-(If using LAN connection) it is disconnected from LAN.

-(If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.

-Network connections is prohibited by security software

-Different scanner on network is selected

Please check and try again

Click [Scanner Selection] if you want to select another scanner.

Scanner driver will be closed.

Code:5,157,69

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi BKMuncy, 

You will also want to ensure that the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX program is running on your computer, as this program needs to be running in order for you to scan over a network.  To ensure it is running, from the WINDOWS menu on your computer, select CANON UTILITIES, then IJ NETWORK SCANNER SELECTOR EX.

Also, if you have any antivirus or firewall programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to scan again.  If you are still unable to scan, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements