11-04-2020 02:25 AM - last edited on 11-04-2020 08:23 AM by Danny
I have a macbook - OS Catalina 10.15.7 and my printer works fine over the network, but I'm no longer able to use the scanner. The computer recognizes the printer but not the scanner - or I should say it recongizes the scanner bc I have the ability to choose it in Scan IJ Utility and Scan IJ Network Scanner Selector EX, but I'm still unable to "connect" to the scanner.
I have deleted and reinstalled the latest drivers and such numerous times to no avail. The printer and the computer are on the same network. I subsequently updated my computer's OS to the latest version of Catalina, but again no help. I've also tried restarting and unplugging and restarting both the printer and the computer. Nothing. Not entirely sure what's going on or why this suddenly happened.
Dealing with tgime sensitive stuff here and have spent hours on this already.
12-11-2020 01:31 PM - edited 12-11-2020 01:31 PM
Please try reinstalling the scanner using these steps:
1. Please open the Applications folder.
2. Open the Canon Utilities folder.
3. Remove the IJ Scan Utility folder.
4. Close that window once done.
5. Click once on the desktop so that "Finder" appears in the upper left corner.
6. To the right of Finder, click on GO and then click on Go to folder.
7. In that box, please type:
and then click Go
8. Please delete all files and folders with "canon" in their name.
9. Once deleted, please close that window.
Next we will reinstall.
1. Please click the link below:
2. Click the Select button next to "MX920 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.2.0 (Mac)".
3. Click the Download button.
4. Once the download is complete, please open your downloads folder and double click "msd_-mac-mx920-19_2_0-ea11.dmg".
5. Follow the on screen prompts to install the scanner driver and the IJ Scan Utility.
Once installed, please attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: