cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Profiles won't stick

cherns
Apprentice

I had an MX860 printer, installed under Windows 7, attached through a wired network, and it served me well, even when I upgraded my computer to Windows 10. After a hard drive failure, I re-installed Win10, and all of a sudden it dien't work all that well--it would print ok, but I couldn't make it scan properly. Canon Tech Support suggested using the driver for Windows 7, but that didn't work either--the installation program kept asking for a USB connection, and wouldn't recognize it even when I used a USB cable.

That printer served me well and owed me nothing, and when I had a chance for an MX922 at a great price, I figured that I might as well. (I was a little daunted by some reviews complaining about some errors and high ink consumption, but I figured that I'd give it a chance, especially since it could do printable optical media--My MX860 couldn't, and I had an iP4800 just for that task.)

For me MX860, I was able to set up two profiles ("Commonly Used Settings" on the Quick Setup tab)--Portrait Duplex and Landscape Duplex: I would set things up the way I wanted, and Save the profile. I tried the same thing with the MX922, which has a very similar (identical?) Properties interface.

First problem: I couldn't find a button or anything to make Portrait Duplex the default profile. It looks as if the printer uses whatever profile it used last. I tried it both with and without the "Always Print With Current Settings" box, and couldn't quite figure out what happens--does that mean "Always" always, or "Start this way and modify with Printer Preferences as desired"?

Second problem: the profiles wouldn't stick: I'd set up Portrait Duplex as Portrait + Duplex + Preview, but the next time I selected that profile, it would suddently be Landscape.

The manuals and other documentation weren't much help. Can someone explain to me just how to set up those profiles, and how to make one of them the default (allowing choosing another one if desired)?  Many thanks..

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi cherns,

With the issue being experienced, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements