Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

MX922 Printing too Dark

I am using a Canon MX922 printer on a Mac. The drivers that are installed are up-to-date. I have tried to adjust the color intensity but, it doesn't seem to follow the same procedure that a Windows device would follow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: MX922 Printing too Dark

What software are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Respected Contributor

Greetings,

Several factors can affect what comes out of the printer.

Monitor calibration, the file (itself) you are printing, incorrect paper setting, the image processiong software you are using (examples).  Your subject says "printing too dark", but you say in the body of your message you have tried to adjust "color intensity".  These are different.  Which is it.  Dull colors or too dark? 

Does it happen with one file, or every image you print?

Are you using canon inks?

Are you using correct paper and paper settings?

What application are you printing from?

The more you can tell us about your problem, the easier it might be for us to try and help.

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra
New Contributor

I will attempt to answer but, really I don't think it's going to make much difference.

1. My prints are both lacking in vibrancy and are too dark
  2. It is with every image I print.
  3. I have used all Canon inks. I have used 3rd party inks. It makes no difference.
  4. I use  all types of paper: plain, cardstock, photo, etc. All prints are too dark. And yes, I am changing the settings for those types of papers when I print.
  5. I print from all types of applications: pages, Word, Adobe, Photoshop. That also makes no difference.
  6. I also print different types of files: .pdf, .jpg, .png, etc.
  7. Again, I use a Mac.

I really just need a way to adjust the color/ink output on a Mac. Additionally, I know that it isn't a monitor problem. I create custom birthday and baby shower invitations. When I send them to a printing service, there is no difference in color when you compare the digital (on my monitor) to the physical copy. 

Honored Contributor

I am assuming, but you should confirm, that you have the IJ Series driver installed for he printer and not the AirPrint driver.

When you go to print open the Printer Settings window from your application.

Select the Color Options dropdown and you can adjust printer settings for color and brightness. You can name and ave as a preset for later recall.

Monosnap 2019-10-22 14-15-19.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New Contributor

I actually am not sure if I have the IJ driver installed. I will attempt to install that one and see if that works!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you don't have the IJ driver then that could be the root cause for your issues. The AirPrint driver is not a Canon driver - it is an Apple driver. It is simplified in all its capabilities.

To get the IJ Series driver slect the "+" add button and wait. It could take a minute or two - the AirPrint driver always shows up first.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New Contributor

I am fairly certain that is what happened. I KNOW that I downloaded the correct driver from Canon months agao but, I guess the Apple driver is the one that pops up first and I just assumed it was the correct one. I didn't even know that there was an Apple driver, honestly. I have now reprinted my document. It is several shades lighter than the original printed document and now more closely matches the color on my monitor! I appreciate the help everyone!!

Honored Contributor

Glad I could help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH