cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Printer Can't Connect to Picasa Account: Please help!

lfegerber
Apprentice

Hi All:

I recently just purchased the MX922 printer.  I have been able to set up everything up, including wireless access and google cloud printing.  I have also updated the firmware through the printer's built-in GUI.

However, the only thing I am having issues with is connecting the printer to my Picasa account through the MX922's GUI set up process.  I've searched everywhere and found no solutions.  I've been using my google account information as the log in info to access my Picasa.  Although I know for sure the email and password are correct, the MX922 still states that the account information is incorrect.  I have also tried other accounts to no avail.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi lfegerber,

To use the Web Services feature on your printer, we need to make sure the printer is connected to a wireless access point that can reach the internet.  One way to check if your printer can connect to the internet is to print a LAN settings page and look for the Primary DNS Server.  Press the MENU button on your printer > Setup > Device settings > LAN settings > Confirm LAN settings > Print LAN details, then press OK to print the page.  On this printout, you should see the "DNS Server" set to "Auto" and an address in the Primary and Secondary Servers.

If everything appears correct here, I recommend contacting Picasa to confirm your login and password and check for any account or service interruptions. If you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same problem. The OP and I are not idiots. The printers are connected to the internet. Please provide some real tech support. The problem is that google block the access. Since it originates in Japan, Google sees it as suspicious activity. I even receiving an email stating such:

"Someone recently used your password to try to sign in to your Google Account xxxxxxx@gmail.com. This person was using an application such as an email client or mobile device.

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:00:26 AM UTC
IP Address: 110.50.68.232

If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately."

Hi gwalchgwynn,

If Google is blocking the login attempt, then you should contact Google to discuss your options for allowing the connection or creating an exception for the connection from the printer to the service.

While the printer can connect to these web services, account access restriction and features are ultimately controlled by the service provider.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Your email from Google/Gmail should've had a link at the bottom that looks something like this:

If this was you, and you are having trouble accessing your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at http://support.google.com/mail?p=client_login 

Follow that link and then try logging in via your device/printer again. 

Announcements