cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Photos are blank in the middle

techman
Apprentice

The picture should be my dog but all the photos my wife is printing are doing this.  wasting a lot of photo paper.  normal documents have no issues just photos.IMG-7225.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

techman
Apprentice

Update:  I was able to printer from my iphone without the blank spot.... seems to be islated to the windows 10 machine

Got it to work by using the Canon  Easy Photo appication

jek_rock
Apprentice

I've got the same problem with Canon MP210. It seems like it happened after one of the recent Windows 10 updates. If a photo is printed using the default Windows printing utility for photos, all the photos are blank in the middle like your photo. Any PDF or document is printed fine without any blank lines in the middle.

I've figured out that photos get this blank line if they are printed using the default Windows printing utility. Print a photo using, say, Paint, Photoshop, or GIMP (anything except the default utility), and everything is OK.

I have the exact same problem with an MG5750. I tried it from two different Win10 computers, via wifi and usb, and did a hard reset of the printer before I found this thread.

Just now I tried printing to a pdf file instead of to my Canon, and it produces a pdf file with the same blank middle! That proves it has nothing to do with the printer, but everything to do with the Windows print facility itself.

I hope that means it will get fixed soon.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements