cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Paper Jam Can’t See Paper

JMB
Contributor
Hi. I had a paper jam in my MX922 printer this morning. Certainly not my first. However I do not see the paper either behind the ink cartridges or from the back panel once it is opened. Does anyone have any ideas how to clear this paper jam? Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi JMB,

I understand your MX922 has encountered a paper jam; however, there is no paper in sight. The following steps may assist  you:

First pull out both paper cassettes from the bottom of the printer and look underneath. If you do see a paper jam there, please make sure that the printer is turned off and the power cable is disconnected before you pull out the paper.
If there is no paper jam underneath the printer, you will need to open the back panel and pull out the transport unit (a light gray piece of plastic). First, turn the printer off and disconnect the power cable. Then, please click HERE for the instructions you need.
The article does have a sample video that shows what you will be doing. While you are following the procedure, pay attention to how you are removing both pieces (the panel and the transport unit) to make it easier to put them back in. Whether or not you remove a paper jam, go ahead and leave the printer's power cable disconnected for fifteen minutes before you turn it back on. 
When you are done looking for a paper jam, please reconnect the power cable and turn the printer back on. If the error clears, try printing or making a copy. If the error returns, your printer has malfunctioned.

JMB
Contributor
Caememe thank you for your response. I have removed the parts from the back of the printer and I can see the end of the paper but it is too far into the printer so it cannot be grasped. And I see no paper in the front of the printer. Without a way to open the printer I, unfortunately, believe my only option is to have it serviced. I now need to decide if the repair cost will be greater than purchasing a new printer. Again, than you for responding.

Hi JMB,

If the paper is unreachable from the rear transport or behind the paper trays the unit may require service. You can check with any local electronic repair shops in your area to see if they can perform the cleaning. I would get a quote since it may cost more to repair the printer then it would to replace it.

You also qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST.

Ron6519
Apprentice

Open up the section where you go to replace the ink cartridges.  Move the print head to the left.  You should be able to just slide it.  On the bottom you will see the paper.  Take a razor blade and cut the paper as close to the front of the opening as possible from one side to the other (right to left).  You will be able to grab this part of the paper.  One hand below and one hand above with just your fingers.  Gently pull the paper, a little at a time, starting on the right side and working to your left. I couldn't cut the paper all the way to the left due to the printer head but managed to pull most of the right side and middle out.  With that, the left side was easy to pull out as it was attached to the rest of the paper.  Once you get the back piece out, you can easily pull out the front part through the area where the paper trays were.

The trick is to pull very slowly.  You will feel the paper moving.  If it starts to rip, move over to the next area and repeat the slow pulling.  Mine came out in a few pieces, but was able to clear the jam.

Announcements