cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 PGBK Text blurry every three lines

Jawari
Apprentice

Hello everyone,,

I have a 3 year old MX922.  Recently some of the text has been blurry. I did as print nozzle check pattern and the PGBK section comes out blurry in the middle, as though it is printing the grid and a shadow. All other color sections are fine until the Ver 2.020 on the bottom which is blurry again.

I tried

1) Clean

2) Deep Clean

3) Auto Align (did not try manual align)

4) Changed all cartridges

5) soaked / cleaned print head in ammonia,  distilled water and alcohol

6) Cleaned thin transparent plastic strip in the back with q-tip and neutral detergent

Nothing fixes this.

Then I tried printing out an excel spreadsheet with lots of random numbers. I tried changing different rows colors from light blue to dark blue to black.  

Only the pure black rows printed fuxxy.  The dark dark navy black rows print fine.

Can I assume 1) that the two metallic squares are print heads  for a) color (including BK) and b) PGBK and that the PGBK secvtion of the print head having a software head alignment problem which causes it to move out of allignment every 100 or so "dots" or printer increments? Is there anyway to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings.

Some of the chemicals you are using might be a little harsh. 

I'd stick with alcohol and distilled water.

What happens if you change the print quality, but leave the paper type as plain?  

If the behavior persists, I believe you will need to replace the print head.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

dgimbel06
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem. does Canon have any fixes?

gjb
Apprentice

I too have MX922 with blurry print but mine has blurry print every two of three lines.

Is there solution?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements