cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 FAX "HiJacks" my phone calls!

jebco
Apprentice

My new MX922 AIO printer was purchased yeserday. Set up yesterday went smoothly with virtually no issues. All printing scanning and FAXing functions work as expected. However when I receive voice calls, usually 30 seconds into my voice call, the FAX portion of the printer thinks that a FAX is coming in and HiJacks the call and waits for a non-existent FAX. At first I thought it was a fluke but it has happened three times today without warning.  I have tried changing the FAX setup to auto answer and manual mode without any difference in the machines behavior.

Is this a feature or a bug!!!

Please help!

15 REPLIES 15

gaf
Contributor

Can you tell me where to find the setting for disabling Remote RX? The manual points to Fax Settings (as you did), but I could not find it anywhere. Thank you.

gaf
Contributor

Thank you!!  Naturally that is the one place that I overlooked :). I will try it.

gaf
Contributor

Unfortunately, disabling Remote RX did not solve the problem.  I thought I noticed that an updated fax-driver was available, which might help, but now I don't see it on the Drivers webpage.  Having tried every possible combination of settings (as far as I know), I am now just really frustrated.

I have the same issue with a newly purchased MC922.  I see these are old posts.  HAS THERE BEEN A FIX????

John805
Apprentice

Hi Jebco, nothing worked, so I went ahead and clicked RESET ALL. I can finally get my messages again. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements