cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Door Won't Auto-open/ Odd clicking

Johann_Cat
Apprentice

I have a problem that I think began when a chair partially blocked the opening of the front door on the MX922 printer.

That may be a coincidence, though; I do not know the problem yet.

The symptoms:

when printing with the door closed, the door will not pop open, jack-in-box-style, as it normally does.

The printer is also making some odd clicking noises during the printing cycle (not during cleaning or ink shuttle routines) as if a gear or sprocket somewhere is only partially engaged.

If I manually open the door, the printer will print normally, but with some added, abnormal clicking sounds.

(not loud, like a 10-12/ sec. mild clicking).

If I don't manually open the door, a jam would likely ensue.

Canon pro help threw their hands up at this one and said send it to service.

This sounds like a simple issue; I just need to know how to find/ fix it.

Thanks,

Johann

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Johann_Cat,

Please make sure that there are no foreign objects in the way of the print carriage, which may cause the clicking.

Also, please make sure that your PIXMA MX922 is on a level surface.  If it is not, the door will not open properly.  When closing the door, make sure not to close it to hard, which may cause it to jam.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No, there no visible obstruction in the carriage path.  I have removed and reseated the print head to see if it 

were loose.  That was not an issue, either.

Hi Johann_Cat,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I began by emailing Canon.

They did not have a solution.

(The first note above says this.)

Are you expecting a different outcome if I write a second time?

I need an amateur expert who knows how to get at this slipping gear.

Sorry for the necro, but did you ever figure this one out?  Mine is doing the same exact thing

No, I never found out how to get at this slipping gear, though I still predict it must be simple.

I have semi-retired that printer, though it still works, despire that noisy fault.

Thanks for the reply.  Im thinking about calling Canon and sending it in for repair. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements