cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 BK Ink issue

rovolita
Contributor

BK ink ran out without giving an alert. After replacing the cartridge, the printer shows updated ink levels, but MAC doesn't on ink level window. When I print document, BK ink is not working. I have cleaned the nozzles several times with two different replacements. When I run the Nozzle Check Pattern, nothing comes out on the BK line. PGBK works, but the doc I'm trying to print is color, so I guess it pulls from BK. I have also performed the following: unplugging, restarting both devices, and attempting to the reset option using the STOP button. Any other ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Rovolita,

If you have performed several cleanings and deep cleaning and PGBK is not printing, it would mean the nozzles are clogged or the print head is damaged. In this situation the printer would need service or at least a replacement print head. You can try contacting our parts team at 1-800-652-2666 to purchase a replacement print head but I can guarantee that it will work since there is a small chance that it is a problem with the printer itself.

You can log into your Canon account using the link provided HERE to check what service options you have. Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-385-2155 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, rovolita!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

MAC OS Big Sur 11.4

Followed the cleaning advice on this thread: https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/MX922-another/m-p/340017/highlight/... and manually removed and cleaned printhead to no avail. I have a Windows Laptop that I've tried as well. The printer status page matches the ink levels displayed on the printer (full BK cartridge), but doesn't print from that cartridge when I send a color print job. Mac still shows empty BK cartridge on ink level display. 

Also, I tried to align the print head after trying all steps above, but I keep getting an error message. 

Hello Rovolita,

If you have performed several cleanings and deep cleaning and PGBK is not printing, it would mean the nozzles are clogged or the print head is damaged. In this situation the printer would need service or at least a replacement print head. You can try contacting our parts team at 1-800-652-2666 to purchase a replacement print head but I can guarantee that it will work since there is a small chance that it is a problem with the printer itself.

You can log into your Canon account using the link provided HERE to check what service options you have. Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-385-2155 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

Announcements