cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 BGBK won't print

ChrisCrosby
Apprentice
Hi I have an MX922 and I'm having issues printing plain black text. for example when I print a PDF right now it comes out plain even though I have print as an image checked. Upon doing a nozzle check no pattern is being printed by my BGBK. All other colors as well as black from the colors is fine. I've attempted to do cleanings as well as deep cleans with no success in the check pattern. I'm beginning to be at a loss as to what to do. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and removing them from my Windows 10 device list. Please help.
1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ChrisCrosby,

If you have tried several cleaning and the PGBK is still blank, it looks like the print head might be clogged or damaged. In this situation you can try reseating the print head using the steps ink the link provided HERE. If that does not work, you can try another PGBK ink tank to see if that resolves the issue.

If reseating the print head does not work or the new ink tank, it looks like the printer would need service. The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

Announcements