cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Alignment off only on certain printouts???

saraingreen
Apprentice

I have been using my MX922 for about a week now. Most everything prints fine with great quality and alignment, but only in certain situations does it print wavy like the alignment is off. 

The first situation is when I print a shipping label, regardless of what browser I use. I believe the labls come through as pdf files... but I printed a 42 page pdf file of a book with zero problems. EVERY label I print is wavy. I've printed emails and other web content with no issue, just those lables. 

Second, I printed an Exel page and it is the same way, like the alginment is off. I've printed from Word and it seems just fine.

I have done the auto alignment, the manual alginment, installed most current drivers... I'm not sure what else to do and havent found a solution with a blind search online. 

Please any help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi saraingreen,

You can try enabling the prevent paper abrasion setting on the printer to see if this will resolve the wavy printing issue being experienced.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the MENU button.

2. Select SETUP, then press the OK button.

3. Select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button. The Device Settings screen is displayed.

4. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select PRINT SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select the PREVENT PAPER ABRASION setting, then press the OK button.

6. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select ON, then press the OK button.

Please be sure to set this setting back to OFF after printing the items that are experiencing wavy printing.

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Romona, I tried this setting when printing my latest shipping label and it did work. Is there a permanent fix for this or something I can do that won't require me turning the setting on manually all the time? What will it do to the other printouts if I leave the setting on? 

Hello.

This setting should not affect your other printouts. 

Your label media may be thicker than plain paper.  This appears to be causing the nozzles to rub against the paper resulting in alignment issues.  Turning this setting on appears to have corrected this.

If you need additional assistance, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements