cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 1403 ERROR

bubl8015
Apprentice

i have had this printer for 1 year and 5 months - now i am getting this error 1403.  Says wrong print head installed - DUH - what is that.

I took it out and cleaned it and put it back - still same error

I even did a hard factory reset - no luck

Since i have more toner for this unit - and i see a new one is 76.00 on amazon - looks like the printhead is more than the printer - should I just buy another one???

And if i do how can i prevent this from happening again

Thanks Dave

8 REPLIES 8

raventitan
Apprentice
Hi

Just wondering how do you do a hard factory reset?

Saw it on youtube.  Search for it

bubl8015
Apprentice

Well it is going to the dump - garbage - won;t be buying a Canon NO MORE

Hi, Dave!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

They always shoot craps just after you buy a new set or two of carts.

James_C

Hi bubl8015 

The 1403 error is an indication that your PIXMA MX922 is experiencing an internal error.  Please follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:

1.  Confirm that your PIXMA MX922 is powered on.

2.  Pull open the paper output tray.

3.  Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. The print head will move to the replacement position.

4.  Open the inner cover.

5.  Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

6.  Raise the print head lock lever.

7.  Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

8.  Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

9.  Insert ink tanks into the print head.

10.  Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

11.  Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

12.  Close the inner cover and the scanning unit/printer cover.

If the error persists, your PIXMA MX922 would require service.

You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, Airprint and Cloud Print, carries a  one year limited manufacturer’s warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jding25
Apprentice

me too

Announcements