Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: MX920 won't print in black and white when color cartridges are empty

They don't offer a Black Print options to fleece more of your money pretending that colors are required. I have already sent my opinion and I will not buy a color cartridge. I'm going to replace this printer very soon. They don't deserve my money or yours. 

Occasional Contributor

I'm going to buy a black and white printer and I won't be replacing any cartridges on my Canon. I recently bought the larger black one thinking that would serve me for quite some time. I had no idea it would lead me to replacing all of the above. I won't stand for this. 

New Contributor

I have the same problem. How do I fix this, because I cannot afford to buy color cartricges right now.

TIA

Occasional Contributor

Algia, first off, they have no intention of fixing this. It isn't a mistake. They are forcing you to buy color cartridges because they can. I suggest you buy a Black only. I'm going to replace mine with a Brother. I think that's your best choice. Your 2nd choice, and not any better or worse, would be Epson. I wish you well. I'm done with Canon. My first was great. We had a wide printer for one of the desks, also great, but not this. This won't be allowed to happen again. Best wishes!~!

New Contributor

Well that's sad. I am going to have to print at Office Depot then, because I cannot afford to buy new printers now. This looks like **bleep**ty corporate greed again. Not cool.

Thanks for replying.