cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 trying to print from wrong tray using iOS

Captain59
Apprentice

Greetings! I am trying to print a picture from my cell phone with iOS to my MX920, but it always wants to print from the upper tray. I want it to print from the lower tray. How can I do this?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Captain59
Apprentice

Actually, it's an MX922...if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Ramona
Authority

Hi Captain59,

When printing from your wireless devices via Apple AirPrint, the paper size and tray that will be printed from is selected automatically according to the application software being used on the device, and the region in which AirPrint is used.  When Apple's photo application software is used, the default paper size is 4x6, so the printer will feed from the upper cassette tray.  If you want to print in another paper size such as 8x10 or from the lower cassette, you will need to use a program that has that paper size as a selectable option and print from that program to the printer.  

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Bingo. Was in PowerPoint and checked the page set up. It somehow was not in "Letter", so was sending to the wrong tray.

Announcements