cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 stopped printing

jmucchiello
Contributor

After replacing the ink (with canon ink cartridges), the printer no longer works. Files sent by computer never print. It won't scan.  At first I thought it was a computer/network issue.

But, if I turn the printer on, wait for it to warm up, place a page on the scanner plate, and hit the COPY button. Pressing the B&W Print or COLOR Print buttons do nothing. I can go through all the menus. Change settings and whatnot. But when it comes time for action, the printer does nothing. Doesn't Print, doesn't Scan, etc. (Oh, it does beep to acknowledge every button press, even the print buttons that otherwise do nothing.)

What do I do now?

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi jmucchiello.

For this type of problem, you may be better served by contacting our phone-based support.  You may contact them by creating or logging into a Canon Account, and registering your printer HERE.

If none of the buttons seems to have an effect other than making a beep, check the printer's LCD for any error messages. Ensure any errors are addressed before proceeding.  If the screen remains blank, try unplugging the printer, waiting ~ 2 minutes, then plugging it back in and powering it back on.  If that doesn't correct the problem, then either the printer will need to be replaced or you'll need to contact support for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements