cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 says printer is out of paper but the paper is full

mbotrell
Apprentice

MY MX920 gives me the message that there is no paper in the printer, but the paper is full. I have urned off the printer multiple times and each time it gives me the same problem. Any suggestions?

52 REPLIES 52

My printer is telling me the top tray is empty, but i am printing out of the bottom tray with A4 size.

I am using iphone 7 and mac book pro
as far as i know they are all up to date

mpligon
Apprentice

I had the same issue.  To resolve I had to remove and readd printer.  On Macs do a search in Spotlight for printers and then select Printers & Scanners.  Then select your printer and click the minus button to re-add just click the plus button and follow the directinos on the screen.  

Had this issue with a client's printer.  I found that mpligon's response to this problem was the most effective. 

Working with an Apple MacBook Pro, unknown OS X.

1. I went to Finder, then System Preferences.

2. Under System Preferences, select Printer & Scanner.

3. Remove the problematic printer.

4. Restart the device.

5. After the reboot, go back into Printer and Scanner and add the Printer back.

Note:  I did find that when I intially went into the Printer and Scanner page, that the printer with the problem was showing Idle and a yellow caution dot was by the Idle.  After the reboot and adding the printer, it was a green dot and Idle. 

Thanks mpligon!

try removing the upper paper tray before printing...

Didn't work for me- still getting error 1007

Downloaded drivers, reset wifi,reset printer.....still 1007

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Maje,

To resolve this, please place paper in the lower cassette, making sure that the photo paper or plain paper such as A4, B5, A5, 8" x 10" (20 x 25 cm), Letter, or Legal, or envelopes are loaded.

For more information regarding loading paper, please view the following page from the On Line Manual of your PIXMA MX922:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX920%20series/EN/BG/Bg-Loading1400.html

When the paper is in place, align the paper guides with both edges of the paper and the press the OK button to dismiss the error.

Once set, please make sure that the printer driver is set to the lower tray:

1. Click the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner and then the Windows System folder.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Click on View devices and printers.

4. Right click the PIXMA MX922 and left click on Printing Preferences.

5. Click on the Main tab.

6. Please set the Media Type to Plain Paper and the Paper Source to Cassette.

7. Click Apply and then OK.

Please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The printer has been woking fine for years, printing through wifi from laptop, iphone,ipad, and desktip comnputer. All of a sudden today it will not print from the ipad or iphone and it gives code 1007. Everything is set to lower cassette Letter size paper .I rebooted the wifi and the printer and re-downloaded and installed the 2016 drivers- the latest I could find..It will print from my computer, and it will print a test page, but not from the network devices- it gives a 1008 error code from the laptop.

This has nothing to do with how the paper is loaded..

Windows 7 hp computers

Any ideas?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Maje,

The 1008 and 1007 errors occur when the paper that is loaded in your PIXMA MX922 does not match the printer driver.

The 1007 error concerns the upper cassette.

The 1008 error concerns the lower cassette.

If you are attempting to print on letter size paper from your iOS devices, you are getting the 1007 error because the printer only takes letter sized paper in the lower cassette and the iOS device is attempting to print from the upper cassette.

To clear the error when printing from your iOS devices, please make sure that the app is set to letter sized paper and lower cassette.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick, I do not understand- what app? I see no place to adjust paper size or tray posiiton in email or text ( which is where I was trying to print from).

Update- I fluffed the paper, reset the paper guides in the tray, put the paper back in the tray, added more to make the tray completely full, and tried to print again.

It printed from the iphone and hp laptop! Small victories!

But  the ipad said there is no air printer. I rebooted the ipad and it recognized the wifi printer, but the printer still gives a 1007 error code.

Baby steps. 3 out of 4 ain't bad? I don't know...................

Its on auto select, there's a manual setting, trays 1,2,3...

Is the bottom tray 1 or 2
Announcements