cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 prints partial pages from Mac (El Capitan)

kurmasz
Apprentice

When I try to print from my MacBook Pro (running 10.11.6), I only get partial pages.  Specifically, the printer will "think" for a long time, print about 1/3 of a page, then eject the paper.  Sometimes, it will try again, sometimes, it just gives up.

This happens regardless of the application.

The mac is connected wirelessly; however, printing works as expected from my wife's Windows machine, which is also connected wirelessly. 

Any suggestions are appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kurmsz,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, I constantly have this issue.  It cost me a lot in wasted label paper, does anyone know the proper solution?  The printer is connected via a Wifi connection.  I get the same behavior whether in MacOS or in Windows (via bootcamp).

I tried changing over to a wired LAN connection, and now it prints rock solid every time.  Something about the older wireless a/b/g connection the printer uses, just doesn't provide the speed and latency required to print.

Interestingly enough, we replaced this printer under warranty (for an unrelated issue) and haven't had a problem.

Our experience, plus reading about other similar issues makes me think that there is a problem with the design of the WiFi hardware/firmware in this machine.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements