08-22-2014 12:13 PM
We can assist you with this issue, but first, we would need a little more information:
What version of Windows are you using, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8? If you are using a Mac, which version of OSX is installed?
Are you using the printer wirelessly or with a USB cable?
09-06-2014 12:37 AM
I find the Canon MX922 worse than useless in that it says printer not responding everytime I click, then takes a good 10 minutes to start to print a page. It also prints many, many multiples of a page even when I ask for one copy. It was a gift or it would have gone back to the store the first week. Soon to go into e-waste with posts on facebook to totally avoid Canon printers, unless I can get some help.
09-06-2014 08:36 AM
Welcome to the Canon Forums and thank you for your post! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!
09-24-2014 01:46 PM
Uninstalling the network port and printer driver and reinstalling them will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Put the PIXMA MX922's CDROM in the CDROM drive. If the welcome screen appears, exit it.
2. Click on Start and then Run. If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:
2-1. Click Start.
2-2. Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.
2-3. Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.
2-4. In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.
2-5. Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.
2-6. Click OK in the Properties window.
3. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
4. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
5. Double click the folder named WIN.
6. Double click the folder named Driver.
7. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.
8. Double click the file named DELDRV. If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 7, please double click DELDRV64.
9. In the Run box click OK and follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.
Once complete, please follow these steps:
1. Click on Start and then Run.
2. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
3. Double click the folder named WIN.
4. Double click the folder named Driver.
5. Double click the folder named LAN.
6. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe
7. In the Run box click ok.
8. Follow the prompts to uninstall.
Once complete, restart the computer.
To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:
1. Press the <Menu> button on your PIXMA MX922.
2. Select Setup and press the <OK> button.
3. Select Device settings and press <OK>.
4. Select LAN settings and press <OK>.
5. Select Wireless LAN setup and press <OK>.
6. Select Other setup and press <OK>.
7. Select Advanced setup and press <OK>.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to complete the setup.
9. Take out and then reinsert the CDROM that came with the PIXMA MX922. The setup program will start automatically.
10. If the Autoplay screen appears, click Run and then Continue.
11. Click on Easy Install.
12. When the Easy Install screen appears, click Install and then "Use the printer with wireless LAN connection" and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
For additional assistance, there are guides that can be viewed by following this link:
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
01-16-2017 07:27 AM
Please make sure that there is a strong signal between your PIXMA MX922 and the wireless access point. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Turn your PIXMA MX922 on.
2. Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.
3. Select Setup and press OK.
4. Select Device Settings and press OK.
5. Use the up or down arrows to select LAN settings and press OK.
6. Use the up or down arrows to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK.
7. Use the up or down arrows to select Print LAN details and press OK.
8. Use the up or down arrows to select Yes and press OK.
On the page that prints, the Signal Strength will be listed. That number should be as close to 100% as possible.
01-28-2017 11:34 AM
Ok - I have the MX920 with Windows 8, and my printer is also spitting out three copies each time (despite being set at 1). I followed these instructions and my signal strength is 96%. Pretty close to 100%. Now what?
03-27-2017 10:22 AM
I'm also having the problem with my MX470 series priner.
It seems to be random. Sometimes I only get the 1 copy requested, but often it prints multiple copies.
I'm using Windows 8.
I'm using the printer wirelessly.
I hope there's a solution as this is wasting ink and paper!!!!