cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 airprint scanner not working, printer works

CGHICKMAN
Apprentice

Scanner gives error message that "Scanner is turned off, USB cable is disconnected, check again, scanner driver will be closed, 2.156.0"  I have rebooted router, turned printer off and on, restarted computer, checked all cables.  Airprint is working fine.  Scanner was working just fine this week.  Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI CGHICKMAN,

Are you only using Airprint or did you install the scanner drivers as well?

Please click HERE to open the support page and download and install the MX920 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.1.0b and ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0a.

Once that is done, please open Printers&Scanners under your system preferences and click the + button. You will have a option to add new printer. Click "add new printer" and in the new window that opens, select the MX920 series that has IJ Network attached to it.

Once the MX920 IJ Network is added, please try to scan again. If the error appears, please open finder and type IJ Scan Utility and try to scan from the IJ Scan Utility program.

Does this help resolve the issue described?  If so, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to learn about your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

CGHICKMAN
Apprentice
I’m running MAC OS 12 and network Wi-Fi. Thank you.

HI CGHICKMAN,

Are you only using Airprint or did you install the scanner drivers as well?

Please click HERE to open the support page and download and install the MX920 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.1.0b and ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0a.

Once that is done, please open Printers&Scanners under your system preferences and click the + button. You will have a option to add new printer. Click "add new printer" and in the new window that opens, select the MX920 series that has IJ Network attached to it.

Once the MX920 IJ Network is added, please try to scan again. If the error appears, please open finder and type IJ Scan Utility and try to scan from the IJ Scan Utility program.

Does this help resolve the issue described?  If so, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was mistaken.  My scanner is still not working.  I downloaded both print drivers to my MAC.  Airprint still does not recognize scanner.  Says it is turned off.  

HI CGHICKMAN,

I would recommend contacting our support group to narrow down this issue. You can contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays). 

We look forward to hearing from you.

CGHICKMAN
Apprentice
That’s not possible unless I take a day off! I’m on PST time and I get home from work at 5:45 pm, M-F, at the earliest. That’s at least 1.5 hours too late! Can you give me a solution that will work for my schedule. Certainly I’m not the only one with this issue. Thank you.

Same here. Can print over wireless but can't scan over wireless. Called support. Finally with no solution told me to use USB. Canon has the worst design of networking devices. It should be plugnplay

The problem seems to that the app "Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" is stuck in "Do Not Use" selected button mode for MX920 series. You can't deselect it

somjai
Apprentice

Hello, 

I had problems with both laptop that Canon won't scan at all.  I accidently had problem with new Surface Pro 7 with rectangular box showed up all the times.  So I reset and did a lean installation of software.  To my surprised CANON MX920 Scanner IJ Utility shows up and it works fine.

You do a clean install by wiping your computer and install the software first then your SCANNER should work.  

Announcements