cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 Scanning

NLopez
Apprentice

Im a newbie. I'm having trouble with scanning. It goes straight to jpeg or pdf. I need the scan to go to word so I can edit the document.  How do I go about doing this?

4 REPLIES 4

NLopez
Apprentice

I have an MX 920.  When I scan it goes straight to jpeg or pdf. I need for it to go to Microsoft word so I can edit the document.

How do I go about doing this.  This is my first post and didn't know where to start.

Ramona
Authority

Hi NLopez,

The PIXMA MX920 series printer does not provide the option to scan a document directly into Microsoft Word; we recommend scanning the document in as a PDF file, then copying and pasting the contents of the PDF file into a new Microsoft Word document for editing.  Please note, formatting contained in the originally scanned document may not be retained when copying and pasting the text from the PDF document into Microsoft Word.  Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Texasls1
Apprentice

I'm using a MAC OS version 10.13.4 and when I try to scan (wirelessly) it does nothing, have a blank scanner page.  Any idea how to fix?

Hi Texasls1,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements