cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 "wrong print head"

welbinator
Apprentice

So I've been getting this general Printer Error and I looked it up and it looked like the most common cause was bad/old ink. So I replaced all ink cartridges and now I get a new error!

U052 incorrect print head

it's not the incorrect print head, it's the same print head that came with the machine...

I removed the print head and cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, no fix.

I just spent like $80 on ink...please don't tell me this printer is FUBAR

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi welbinator,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

um, that link is garbage. It doesn't allow me to contact anybody.

Here's what that stupid, useless link does: It asks me if I'm "contacting them" about a product i own. I select "yes".

Then it has me select which kind of product it is, so I click on the Printer icon

Then I select my specfici model, the MX892

Then it takes me to the drivers and documentation page for that model...

At no point am I presented with a means for actually contacting Canon.

This company is so garbage it always has been. I had hoped that by now their customer service had improved but I guess not.

HP here I come..

Yup! I've tried all of the official troubleshooting. Then went paid to replace a power supply. Now I have the wrong print head error which makes zero sense to me considering this is the print head that came in the box and worked fine for almost 2 years.

This is very reminiscent of crApple products.
Announcements