cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 printing blank pages

salachic
Apprentice

My printer has been working just fine. However, just today one of the cartridges was low, so I replaced it.  Now when I try to print it just spits out blank pages. I ran the test to check for clogged nozzles, but the all blocks print beautifully.  What do I try next?

66 REPLIES 66

I had 3 of the mx982 between my business offices - 2 of them died within 6 mos of each other, started with the printing of blank pages, and i spent over 100 replacing print heads - it didn't work on 2 of the 3.   When the 3rd INEVITABLY started this same behavior, i tried the print head replacement that I had sitting in box, just waiting, cuz I knew it was going to happen at this point, for the 3rd to upchuck.  And it did, within a year of the others (which ended up as landfill somewhere and I switched to HP) so I replaced the print head and THAT TIME it actually worked.  I'm an engineer so trust me when I say I've researched all the problems, and tried all the fixes.  That printer, the last one, is still going  strong, but I'm going to knock on wood now because it's likely only a matter of time before it finally quits.

Thanks for that report on your experience! I have only tried it on 2 MX892's and it worked both times.

docg
Apprentice

Mine is now printing blank pages all of a sudden in the middle of a print job.

Were there solutions given?

sanandan
Apprentice

I have the same problem.  All of sudden blank pages, mycartridges are new and is only a month old and ink levels are high. I don't find any proper trouble shooting solution.  I thought I got a good printer seems like proving wrong, If the issue cannot be fixed I have to buy another printer, this is very bad.  Should I even bother looking at another canon printer???

Hi docg and sanandan,

If the nozzle check does not appear after running through a cleaning and a deep cleaning, you have done the recommended troubleshooting for this issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I started seeing this problem since yesterday. One day it was printing fine and the next day it stops. And I have always used only original Canon ink, so that shouldn't be the reason for my printer malfunctioning.

Conveniently this happened right after my warranty expired!! And I brought this printer after my previous Canon printer malfunctioned after the warranty period expired (To be fair, the previous one lasted a little longer than this one after the warrany expiry!)

Really hoping this doesn't turn out to be a case of .. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Thanks for sharing it.

Hi srainier,

You can try removing and reseating the ink tanks and print head in the unit, then performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the unit to try and get the printer to print.  If the inks still do not print, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

my test page is perfectly fine. it isn't clogged nozzles.

so what gives?

Bigd0pe
Apprentice

Very same problem as described...I was copying and then it just started printing blank pages...the Magneta Ink had an X and I replaced it....still blank pages....I did the cleaning, the deep cleaning, head alignment, etc.....still blank pages...I then replaced ALL ink cartidges (including the Magneta one I just put in) {expensive as I was not low}  ...still blank pages  ...why don't you Canon just answer this question from me and the others???  I go to your link and there is no help...  I suppose this comment just goes into ether and will not be replied to by Canon...

Announcements