cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 printing blank pages

salachic
Apprentice

My printer has been working just fine. However, just today one of the cartridges was low, so I replaced it.  Now when I try to print it just spits out blank pages. I ran the test to check for clogged nozzles, but the all blocks print beautifully.  What do I try next?

66 REPLIES 66

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi salachic,

How does your nozzle check appear compared to the sample below?

If the nozzle check is missing either the grid at the top or any of the bands of color, then the nozzles may be clogged.  Run a few deep cleanings and then try the nozzle check again.

To perform a Deep Cleaning: Press the MENU button. Select Setup > Maintenance > Deep Cleaning. Then follow the on screen prompts.

If the issue isn't resolved after a few deep cleanings, feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My Canon MX892 just starting 'printing' out blank pages.  It was printing fine a couple of days ago and now just seems to be printing, but there is not a trace of ink on the pages.  I've run DEEP CLEAN twice and there is still not even a dot.  All the cartridges are full.

This happened on a previous Canon printer I had which is why I bought this one (it was the previous model of this).  Is this some sort of software problem?

Please help!  If I can't resolve this, I'll have to start using another brand since this seems like an inherent problem with Canon.

What type of ink are you using?

I have the very same problem. I have ran both the clean and deep clean but I still have blank pages. When I do a nozzle check I also get a blank page. It's not printing anything AT ALL.

I recently replaced all but 1 cartridge with Canon brand ink and I have made sure that all film etc. was removed and the cartridges were fully clicked into place.

I haven't had this printer very long and I haven't moved it or done anything else that may disturb it. It just stopped printing.

Hello mbell0426!

If the nozzle check does not appear after running through a cleaning and a deep cleaning, you have done the recommended troubleshooting for this issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.  Thanks!

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@MarkII wrote:

Hi salachic,

How does your nozzle check appear compared to the sample below?

If the nozzle check is missing either the grid at the top or any of the bands of color, then the nozzles may be clogged.  Run a few deep cleanings and then try the nozzle check again.

To perform a Deep Cleaning: Press the MENU button. Select Setup > Maintenance > Deep Cleaning. Then follow the on screen prompts.

If the issue isn't resolved after a few deep cleanings, feel free to Contact Us!

What a JOKE!

I just performed a deep cleaning a week ago, thinking that I had a problem, It turned out to be a bad yellow ink cartridge. I replaced it, and the printing was fine, Now this.

My printer sounds like it is printing but the page is blank.  What is the problem?  The printer is taking the normal amount of time to print and it sounds like it is printing but the page is blank.  I did all of the cleanings; "Print nozzle check pattern, cleaning, deep cleaning, auto head alignment, manual head alignment, Print the head alignment value, rollar cleaning" and made sure the cartridges were full of ink.  The paper is dead white. No marks perfectly clean.  What is the problem?

The problem is almost certain to be a faulty print head.  Replace the print head with a new one if you like and the printer will very likely be back to normal.  I have sold a number of these printers and had this same thing happen to several MX892 models.  A new print head solved the problem for me with 2 of the printers - the others were discarded but I am sure the print head was the problem there as well.  I have 2 in stock if you can't find any.  They aren't cheap but if you like your printer the fix is worth it.

Announcements