cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 printing blank pages

salachic
Apprentice

My printer has been working just fine. However, just today one of the cartridges was low, so I replaced it.  Now when I try to print it just spits out blank pages. I ran the test to check for clogged nozzles, but the all blocks print beautifully.  What do I try next?

66 REPLIES 66

thetempguy
Apprentice

My Pixma MG7520 had the Printing Blank pages problem...  it seemed to start around the time i started printing from iPhone, and had same issue from win7 laptotp and same issue with brad new install on new win10 laptop.  I tried everything to fix, re-installing from online divers, reinstalling from CDROM that came with printer... but suddenly it stopped...and is now fixed.

I recommend doing this:

1)  From printer lcd menu, Advanced Printing-Templates and print a page of graph paper... if this works then skip all the b.s. advice about printhead cleaning, utilities, etc.

2)  plug-in USB to your laptop to printer, try to print being sure to pick the version of printer that is online... if that works than it is clearly a wireless and/or software thing and doing a total re-install will help.

While re-installing the printer driver, i included all the bloatware too, like PrintGarden or whaterever, and the XPS option that was unchecked... don't know if that helped or not.   CAREFUL to minimize windows cause the HP windows like  to hide behind other windows so you think it's done... GOOD LUCK... I was close to tossing the bright orange ho out on the street, but luckily found I could print via usb cable so was going to do that until i purchased a new, non-Canon printer.

Nothing in this thread has worked, sadly. 

I'm really disappointed in Canon. My printer started printing blank pages in the middle of a printing a document. 

I just fixed this problem with a Canon MX892 by replacing the print head.  I believe this is most likely the problem if the printer seems to work perfectly except blank pages are being printed - especially if it was printing normally shortly before.

garthmicro
Contributor

Had a similar problem with a Canon MX892.  Blank pages after replacing 2 ink cartridges with genuine Canon products.  I tried cleaning but it started into the process and asked for another cartridge to be changes.  I changed it.  Then I shut off the printer.  Unplugged it.  Pressed the On/Off switch for about a minute. Plugged it in and restarted it.  It now prints perfectly.

ChandlerT71
Apprentice
Same issus suddenly appeared and without warning after very good print results/

Dovens
Apprentice

I get mostly prints blank pages but often get a faint image of the borders of a webpage which has been from various airlines trying to print boarding passes.  

I try to do just black and white but I get faint colors.  

I have had printer over a year and printed my tax return last year before failures happened. Tax return alone used up most of the ink. about 18 pages.  Had cartridges refilled at Costco, twice.  Costco failed to reprogram one cartridge/ it showed as still empty after refill.  They reprogrammed it but after one attempt at deep cleaning all cartridges show empty yet I never printed anything but a nozzel check page which had a row of black bars. No colors.

I can't help with that problem. Sounds like you have a dud! It is too bad when that happens. It seems to be using a way too much ink.

Hi Dovens,

If you were unable to complete at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer to try and get the ink to print, since the refilled ink tanks are not working correctly in the printer, we recommend trying Canon genuine ink tanks in the printer to see if this will resolve the issue being experienced.  Should you still experience difficulty after replacing the ink tanks with Canon genuine inks, we ask that you please contact us here for further assistance.  A technical support representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

THis will be my last Cannon unless they fix this problem.

I can print the graph pages from the menu but the darn MX922 will print blank pagges from Windows 10 amd Linux Mint!!!

What a dissapointment, and NO FIX!!

If you followed the cleaning of the print head procedure through the maintainace menu and still get blank pages then change the print head by ordering it from Canon this would be your last solution for the problem .Print heads ware out too after some time.Make sure your print cartridges are working and have enough ink and the ink is not dried.
Announcements