cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 printing blank pages

salachic
Apprentice

My printer has been working just fine. However, just today one of the cartridges was low, so I replaced it.  Now when I try to print it just spits out blank pages. I ran the test to check for clogged nozzles, but the all blocks print beautifully.  What do I try next?

66 REPLIES 66

I had my first Canon printer die a few days after the warranty expired, and bought a new similar mx892 for a replacement. This one also had the blank paper printing issue but since I bought a one year extended warranty, I got a refund from the extended warranty company. Bought a different brand printer since the issue seems to be a common one.

Will PM you to expain what is happening and how social media can help

Can you tell me too?   I have 3 MX892 printers, and I've had to replace the printer head on one (less than 2 years old) and today the 2nd one (about a year old) started printing blank pages - I've done 3 deep cleanings to no avail. I've reset the inks, pulled the head out and wiped it off, but I'm getting NOTHING on any printout.  Printer and computer doesn't see any errors, but pages are completely blank.

My MX892 is about a year and a half old and all of a sudden started printing blank pages.  I did everything the manual said to do, plus some.  Then I called Canon and followed their instructions.  Still blank pages.  Why spend $$ on a new print head not knowing if that will fix the problem and also knowing a new printer will cost not much more than a new print head.  Not buying another Canon printer that's for sure.

henri411
Apprentice

I'm sorry to say, but this problem is not restricted to this model. My MX715 had the very same problem. It seams that the printerhead has a limmited lifespan .... 

My next printer is going to be cheaper. My remaining cartridges have cost me more, than a new printer....

Henri.

MimsyM
Apprentice

Yes, I had this problem too. When you first send the print command to the printer, check and make sure the proper paper size has been selected. Everytime this happened to me, the automatic paper setting was set to 4x6 and I was using 8.5 x 11 paper so it would not print.

AdiosCanon
Apprentice

GARBAGE.

When did the esteemed Canon corporation decide it was ok to sell garbage?

I can tell you this right now, Canon.... I am a computer professional that has recommended Canon for Years, and owned several of them. They worked great. Years ago.

I will Not be recommeneding Canon any more.

My MX700 died, for no good reason suddenly, and at another location, I just witnessed the MX892 (as noted in this thread) die. Blank pages. $70 worth of new ink. Useless.

So are you abandoning the quality camera market next?

Brother printers seem to be the only good ones left.

I agree.  I bought 3 of these for my different offices and I only have 1 left and it's starting to act up!@!@@ POS.   These weren't cheap either.  I won't buy canon again.  

i agree cannon is awful
my printer was working fine for about a year and a half and now all of a sudden it has just started to print blank pages

cannon rips us off a lot on their expensive ink. i bought some used ink off ebay, and i was told later on that there is a CHIP inside these ink cartridges and if cannon DETECTS a non-cannon brand ink cartridge then cannon would automatically BLOCK the ink cartridge

i have a feeling cannon destroys your printer as well if cannon detects you didn't buy their over priced ink

and btw i had a cannon mg 5520

it worked fine until i put in some off brand ink cartridges. the off brand worked fine for weeks until an update occurred and then everything just started to go blank even with the old cartridges

never buy cannon

cannon is a bad company that rips off their customers with overpriced ink

bad monopoloy

Announcements