Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: MX892 getting error B200, any way to fix it? Based on forums this is printing head error.

thank you, worked the first time I tried.

New Contributor

Re: MX892 getting error B200, any way to fix it? Based on forums this is printing head error.

BTW The MX892  OK button has a raised dot that you can feel when it is not lit.

New Contributor

Re: MX892 getting error B200, any way to fix it? Based on forums this is printing head error,

if you are getting a B200 error during power up.

1. open the cover as if you are changing the printer
  2. remove the ink
  3. lift the gray gate
  4. gently lift up the black printer base/head
  5. flip over the removed black base/head
  6. wipe off the excess ink with a soft cloth (do not wash or rinse under water)
  7. replace the black printer base/head
  8. lower the gray gate
  9. reinstall the ink
  10. power cycle the printer
  11. go into menu> setup> maintenance and do a deep clean
  12. go into menu> setup> maintenance and print head allignment
  13. follow on screen instructions

long term solution, buy better ink, print more often. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Getting the B200 code. Turned off, unplugged power . press o k  5 times . Didn't work, still get code.

New Contributor

Fix by buying a MX922 for about $65.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having my Pixma MX892 working since I bought it new on Sept. 2012 (more than 6 yrs).
Working whenever I needed! Always great technical support! In anothere words: very happy with my printer.
Today had this B200 error message for the 1st time. Called support. Techs were at lunch, left message. In the meantime till they call I googled and got to this forum.

Tried crwchf1’s solution (Press OK button on printer 5 times) tried twice, didn’t work.
Tried kdean823’s, (…print carriage to start moving to the left…) worked like a charm on first attemp.
If error message will “come back” will update here.
Thanks kdean!

Occasional Contributor

Try turning printer off, disconnect from electric. Press OK button on printer 5 times, reconnect electric, turn on printer. It worked for me.  B200 error code gone. This advice came from Canon support.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Well… apparently I rejoiced too soon… Man Sad

After the first successful attempt and the error message disappeared, it “came back” as soon as I tried to print.

I contacted tech support and the rep told me it’s either the print head and/or the main board.

If I bring it to Canon they charge $85/hr labor+ parts (about $140 if they find the parts- told me that apparently they don’t carry them anymore).

If I do it myself I’m looking at around $100 parts for both.

It’s not worth investing that kind of $ in a 6 years old printer.

Any ideas anyone?