cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 getting error B200, any way to fix it? Based on forums this is printing head error.

TommyM
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kdean823
Apprentice

Here is what worked for me: 1. Turn OFF Power 2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks) 3. Turn ON power 4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way 5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover. 6. Leave the Printer turned on 7. Good to go. It took 2 attempts before it worked. Some people said it took 3-4 attempts. Now, prior to this, I did clean the pads the cartridges sit on and used a qtip to wipe the encoder strip. I`m not sure if it was the combination of those things or just doing the fix.

Read more: How do I canon mx892 clear error B200? - Printer can`t clear error message B200 how do i clear it off so i can print ? I had a cartridge that was low that i replaced and tried a couple of procedures that did`nt work. :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/How_do_I_canon_mx892_clear_error_B200-qna7553770.html#q4728865

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71

Secret to a long life for your printhead, no matter what type of printer, i.e., NEVER, I repeat NEVER run it when the printer states the ink is out or has run low, you will FRY your print head!  Always use your printer every week or the printhead will dry out and cause problems that cannot be resolved by cleaning.  ALWAYS use cheap Chinese ink from Ebay, MOST are as good as the name brands and I have over 10 year prints printed with both the generic and Canon and you can't tell the difference, though some Chinese brands are REAL junk....will take a little experimentation.

RE The advice to print something weekly.   Does that actually mean TWO things?  One for the color tanks and one for the large B&W tank? 

Bought a NEW Canon printhead from Ebay for the Canon MX892 last year for $50.00 delivered, works great now...Google the model # and you will be surprised that there are still new sealed printheads available!

BTW The MX892  OK button has a raised dot that you can feel when it is not lit.

Jojois
Apprentice

Finally it's working after trying every day for a week. What I did is following kdean823 suggestions what I did different is that I soaked the printhead in peroxide and let it soak until the peroxide was black I knew then that the printhead was unclogged, let it dry, put it back on et voilà! Woman Happy

jamatulli
Apprentice

This is a printer head error caused by a clogged print head.  The Plug In technique is working for some because the machine does a quick head cleaning on start.  If you let the machine sit for a long time without using it, let the ink run out, etc and haven't done a deep cleaning you will get this error.

If restarting the machine several times doesn't work for you then you need to clean the head manually.  I soaked mine in isoprpyl alchohol for a day first but that did not do the trick.  I then cleaned it thoroughly using hot water in a sink.  Beware it will make a lot of ink flow and splash so be prepared.  The ink contiued to flow for quite a while, maybe 10 minutes but I may have over done it. Probalby could have quite sooner but I wanted to only do it once.

I held each of the different colors input directly under the running water until it only clear water came out the ran the water through the output.   I repeated this back and forth until no ink came out.  Be aware that you may think its done and then more will come out in a very fine stream.

After this I dried it with a paper towel.  Better to use a dust free cloth if you have one but don't use toilet paper as it leaves a lot of dust.  Then I let it dry for a couple hours before installing it.  Turned on the machine and done.

What is the print head?  How do I take it out to clean it?

The print head is located under the ink catridges. Take all the ink cartridges out and lift the black plastic thing on the bottom, that's the print head. 

cjdesigns
Apprentice
Worked for me too! Thanks for solving this problem . . . Love my Canon printer! It's really a work horse!

greg2019
Apprentice

if you are getting a B200 error during power up.

1. open the cover as if you are changing the printer
  2. remove the ink
  3. lift the gray gate
  4. gently lift up the black printer base/head
  5. flip over the removed black base/head
  6. wipe off the excess ink with a soft cloth (do not wash or rinse under water)
  7. replace the black printer base/head
  8. lower the gray gate
  9. reinstall the ink
  10. power cycle the printer
  11. go into menu> setup> maintenance and do a deep clean
  12. go into menu> setup> maintenance and print head allignment
  13. follow on screen instructions

long term solution, buy better ink, print more often. 🙂

Announcements