cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 getting error B200, any way to fix it? Based on forums this is printing head error.

TommyM
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kdean823
Apprentice

Here is what worked for me: 1. Turn OFF Power 2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks) 3. Turn ON power 4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way 5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover. 6. Leave the Printer turned on 7. Good to go. It took 2 attempts before it worked. Some people said it took 3-4 attempts. Now, prior to this, I did clean the pads the cartridges sit on and used a qtip to wipe the encoder strip. I`m not sure if it was the combination of those things or just doing the fix.

Read more: How do I canon mx892 clear error B200? - Printer can`t clear error message B200 how do i clear it off so i can print ? I had a cartridge that was low that i replaced and tried a couple of procedures that did`nt work. :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/How_do_I_canon_mx892_clear_error_B200-qna7553770.html#q4728865

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71

Turn off printer

Disconnect from AC

Press OK button on printer 5 times

Reconnect AC

Turn on printer

If this does not work

Try  several more times

If it still does not work

Try again but do not turn on printer until next morning

This has worked for me twice so far.

Also you might try removing the print head and rinsing under hot water until water runs clear before you start the above procedure.

Well, it worked for awhile, but then died for GOOD!  Went on Ebay and bought a new, SEALED printhead for $50.00, now back and running like NEW!  HINT, never let an ink cartridge run out of ink, when they do so, it apparently FRIES the print head's electronics!

Wow, this really worked, and I was really skeptical. This has been a problem for two weeks and we now have a working printer again. THANKS!

Worked! Thanks!

This method worked for me first try! 

Thank you!! 

This fix is still good...
Did combo of the 'Hit OK 5 times' and the 'print carriage reset open/close' procedure WITHOUT unplugging power. One or the other or both cleared error. Many thanks!

After speaking with a Canon representative that told me I would have to just buy a whole new printer I was willing to try anything! Thank you so much for this solution, Canon should really be willing to try and help more than they were today. I was very disappointed with their customer service.

I had the same experience with Canon help.  Useless.  Tried the methods mentioned here and they didn't help either.  So I've ordered a new printhead.  Lessons learned.  (1) Use the printer at LEAST once a month, even if only for a test page; (2) If leaving for an extended period, do a cleaning BEFORE (and THEN shut it down); (3) DON'T ever let a cartridge run dry.

I'm pretty sure I'd have gotten more life out of the printhead if I hadn't violated all three...

It took me three trys the first time by following the directions exactly and lasted about a year.  The second and third times it has worked the very first try. My point is don't give up on the first try.

Worked on second try for me.  Thanks!

Announcements